Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Keeping Peanut Entertained

Needless to say, keeping Peanut entertained while we do school is no small task. That is why I am thrilled when I plan an activity that she really enjoys and wants to do over and over again. Not to mention the fact that it was really inexpensive and easy to throw together.

I picked up a pack of little golden rings in the wedding section at the dollar store knowing I could come up with something to do with them. I then took a baby food container that had a plastic lid, cut a small X in the top of the lid and stuck an unsharpened pencil down through the X. I also added some clay in the container just for some extra stability. I gave Peanut the rings and showed her how to drop the rings onto the pencil. I figured she'd do a few and be done with it, but she did the entire package of 80 rings! And then she wanted to do it again - success!!

I have a few other ideas for ways to use the rings. I'll post those activities if they're as much of a success as this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment