Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's Not All Sunshine And Roses Around Here

Just in case I had you all fooled into thinking that things were always smooth sailing around here with all my kids sweetly working together as we do fun learning activities....well, here's your (and my) reality check.

I spend a good deal of my day keeping this little one out of trouble. Like here, where she decided to pull all the numbers that she could reach off of our calendar. And if I had a dollar for every time she's climbed up to the table and scribbled all over on of the kid's school papers...well, let's just say I wouldn't have to worry about paying for next year's curriculum.


Our tub of rice made an appearance today. Yeah, that practically empty tub that was once full, the one on the towel, the towel that was supposed to help contain the mess. Guess where that rice is now? That's right - GONE - sucked up in the vacuum cleaner, never to be heard from again. And if you think that's all the action that vacuum cleaner saw today, you'd be wrong. It made an appearance again when one of the kids broke a glass jar all over the schoolroom carpet.

And this is how my kids decided to spend their evening last night - rolling around in the dirt pit and throwing handfuls of it at one another. No, children, we are not birds, that is NOT how we get clean. Unfortunately, my washing machine doesn't have a "perform magic" setting.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the realistic look at your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha Sounds like your house is a lot like mine! This morning my baby reached up to the table, got a hold of Luke's bowl of cereal and poured it out all over herself and the floor. It was not exactly a great start to the day. I often find myself reciting the lyrics to that country song "You're Gonna Miss These Days", but it doesn't always make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete