Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spider Ring Art

Remember this?


I love how it turned out! So I was so excited the other day when I came across this similar idea, at Ameroonie Designs, for halloween.


I already had some spider rings at home just sitting around creeping everyone out and just waiting to be used for something. I had both orange and black spiders and wasn't sure which I was going to use. I knew I didn't want it to be quite as colorful as the inspiration piece above though. I first tried the black on the orangy - brown polka dot paper, which I liked, but wasn't completely sold on it.


But in the end, I decided I really liked the simplicity of the orange against the black.

I know it looks very lonely hanging there on the wall all by itself, but I haven't figured out yet what to put around it. Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment