I know, it's shameful, but sometimes parents have to resort to bribery for the good of the family. We recently had to move Peanut back into her toddler bed after we had already moved her to a "big girl bed". We weren't sure how she would feel about this "downgrade", so in order to get her to agree, I promised I would make her a special pillow case. I don't know if I made her this offer because I thought it would help in the transition, or if it was because I needed a sewing project. It was probably the latter, but she was happy either way. So, here's how it turned out.
I had this really adorable bug print flannel I had picked up at JoAnn's one Christmas for $1 a yard. I had planned on making a baby blanket with it, but never got around to it. To make the pillow case I followed this tutorial with a few modifications. I didn't quite have enough of the bug fabric, so I was only able to use it for the front. I did have this coordinating striped fabric though that I had purchased at the same time (along with the polka dots I used for the band). I think it's really fun with the bugs on one side, and stripes on the other though.
This was incredibly easy, and would have been even easier if I hadn't had to piece the front & back together.