Thursday, September 1, 2011

School Post: The One With The Blood

It's so hard for me to believe, but tomorrow we will be finishing up our fifth week of school already. We've had a really good couple of weeks and I think we're actually getting into a good groove. Some things we've had to do a little tweaking with, but for the most part I'm really happy with the way things are going.
One subject I couldn't be happier with is science. We're studying life science this year and the past few weeks we've been looking at the different systems in the body. For lab this week, Patty made a model of what our blood looks like, and completed a lab sheet about it.


Here's an up close look at our blood model.


Petie can be a little hard to get focused and keep focused on the task at hand, so I was thrilled the other day when he showed a lot of diligence the other day with this reading worksheet.


And of course, there's computer science for the little ones :) The Professor just had to snap a picture when Penny picked up his Macworld yesterday, plunked herself down in a corner, and started leafing through it. Future head of Apple? We'll see - I hear they're looking for someone.



2 comments:

  1. That blood model is great! I love all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both my daughter and I are visual learners so I love seeing science experiments that implement this. Way to have fun learning!

    ReplyDelete