Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Almost Finished!

I can't believe we're down to the last thing on our Summer Fun List! While summer vacation may be over, it is still technically the summer season, so we've still got time to squeeze that last thing in.  Before I get to what we haven't done yet, here's a few pictures of what we did check off the list over the last few weeks.
Putt-Putt

Tennis
We also did a family talent show.  I know nothing about putting together and editing videos. You can be thankful for my lack of knowledge in this area as it spared you from the worst talent show in the history of mankind. Oh, don't get me wrong, we had fun and I laughed (a lot). In fact, most of the video you couldn't hear because I was laughing so hard the entire time.  To sum it all up though, Patty did "gymnastics", Petie karate chopped things, Peanut danced, and so did Penny (all decked out in a bumblebee costume).  The professor juggled and I, the uber talented of the group threw grapes in the air and caught them in my mouth. I know, it's a shame I couldn't figure out that video thingy.


 We also made postcards.  Don't tell the kids, but even though we made them weeks ago, I haven't actually sent them out yet.  I'm good at the planning, not so good at the follow through.

We also had on our Summer Fun List to bake cookies for someone.  I didn't have anyone in particular in mind for this, and it was nearing the end of the summer when an opportunity came up for us to get this one done. My kids really enjoy doing things for others, and I'm glad they didn't just look at this as something to check off the list, but as a way they could bless someone.

And that's it! Only one thing left on the list.  I could probably get away with leaving it at that and most of you would be none the wiser, but since there's probably someone out there keeping track ready to point out the few things I missed, let me explain.

-Camping: We had this planned; it rained.  Technically we had done it at the beginning of the summer for Petie's birthday anyway, so we just went back and counted that.
-Spend A Rainy Day in PJ's: The kids had me take this down. Believe it or not, they weren't the least bit interested in doing this.
-Take a Hike: We're actually just moving this one to our Fall Fun List, so technically, while we didn't complete it, we're just moving it. :)
-Go to a Movie: This one's getting moved to a Winter List.
-Donation Day: We did this, no pictures, no story, just that.  We picked things, we donated them. End of story.

So, there you have it, 27 (give or take a few) super fun activities for you to do with your family.  We've had a blast checking these off, and it really made the summer go by quickly without too many "I'm bored" kind of days.  Item 28 - Ice Cream Sundae Party is scheduled for this Saturday and it's the one I am most looking forward to! Stay tuned for our final installment of the Summer Fun List posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment